Faculty Program Proposal
Syracuse Abroad accepts proposals from Syracuse faculty on an annual basis for summer courses taught the following year.
Deadlines For 2019 Program Proposals:
Completed Online Proposals Due By January 20, 2018.
Faculty will be notified by June 1, 2018 with decisions.
Faculty are required to submit a program proposal each year that a program will be considered, but returning programs submit an abbreviated version. There is no guarantee that a program will run every year.
The final proposals, new and returning, will be reviewed as a packet by your Dean and Syracuse Abroad, according to already established criteria. These include:
- Priorities of the School or College
- Compelling rationale and course content
- Academic standards consistent with semester courses
- Viable audience on the SU campus and potentially beyond SU
- Program fit in context of other offerings abroad
- Support of SU Center, if offered at a Center
- Financial viability
- Health & Safety Outlook